SCWM 0.5-3 broken?

Hi all,

my system is Debian 1.3 (manually updated to libc6 and using many other 2.0
packages as well). I have installed SCWM 0.5-3 and tried to start it using the
Afterstep (my current WM) menu and $HOME/.xsession. In either case, initially
it seemed to start up (though I didn't get as far as seeing any SCWM elements
onscreen), but then it crashed and I was back at xdm. Any suggestions what
might be going wrong or how I could log this to check out?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan