file system copying nightmare

Hamish Moffatt writes:
 > I would do it with the rescue disk, mounting the two partitions
 > as /mnt and /mnt2, except that the rescue disk (poorly named?)
 > seems to have a cut down cp with only -r, and no tar!

I found the 'rescue' disk a bit lacking in this respect. Personally I would have thought tar essential and dump/restore useful.

In the past I used a rescue disk, called I think rescue that I got from
the linux archives at sunsite. It's probably a boit out of date by now.
I really should learn how to make my own rescue disk, but it would
be nice if there was a debian one that did what i wanted.

How about a debian script to make one for you? Anyone?

Binary Bar - Australia's first free access internet bar/cafe/gallery.
243 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. 5pm - 1am

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .