Re: xemacs 20.3 slow load

>   > I am experimenting with xemacs 20.3 on debian linux 2.0.29 machine
>   > w/ AMD K6 200MHz / 32M RAM. It takes xemacs about a full minute
>   > to load in xwindows. Anyone else experience such a prolonged load
>   > wait, or is it just me (& 20.3 ;-)?
>
>Usually the problem with *really* slow emacs loading is that your
>hostname is set incorrectly.  It will wait a long time trying to
>resolve a bad hostname.  Add your hostname to /etc/hosts to fix.

Hi -

I've tried the following (single) lines in my etc/hosts file -

127.0.0.1	localhost
	OR
127.0.0.1	zeropoint   // where zeropoint is what is reported by hostname
	OR
127.0.0.1	zeropoint	localhost

and noticed very little if any improvement in xemacs load speed? I'm probably
making a silly mistake, but it's not immediately obvious to me what it is.
Ideas?