Re: More on boot/mount

At 09.55 04/02/98 -0500, T-SNAKE wrote:
>I asked:
>How do you mount all the drives/partitions at boot time without having to
>actually type in the mount -t msdos /.... command?
>
>And the responce (thanks) was to add entries to the fstab file. Well, I did
>this and when I rebooted, i wasn't able to perform many commands. It was like
>root and other accounts had a messed up path. I could ls and shutdown, but I
>couldn't man or dselect. I took the mounting lines out and that fixed it back
>to normal. Why would that be?
>Chris

this is an example of /etc/fstab:

#
/dev/hdc1               /               ext2    defaults    0       1
/dev/hdc3               none            swap    sw          0       0
/dev/hdc2               /usr2           ext2    defaults    0       0
/dev/hda1               /dosc           vfat    defaults    0       0
/dev/hda5               /dosd           vfat    defaults    0       0
/dev/hdd                /cdrom          iso9660 defaults    0       0
/dev/fd0                /floppy         vfat    noauto,user 0       0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy     ext2    noauto,user 0       0
proc                    /proc           proc    defaults    0       0

where usr2, /dosc and /dosd are mounted at startup, while /cdrom , /floppy
and /mnt/floppy is mounted as user whith simply mount /cdrom.
I hope that this is satisfactory.
Sorry for my english.

Antonio

>ps- thanks to all who gave me the dpkg --force... help. It worked wonders..
>and I didn't need to reinstall pine/pico, because they were already made...

Antonio Doldo
Istituto Superiore di Sanita'
Laboratorio di Chimica del Farmaco
Viale Regina Elena, 299