web forms killing ppp!

Hi all,

This problem is really getting on my nerves.

Occasionally when I fill out a form on a web page it will kill my ppp
connection.(The ppp connection is over a modem.) Usually short forms,
only a few fields, work fine but the problem seems to happen on forms
with a large number of fields. When I submit a form the modem does not
drop carrier but the ppp link dies.  I can't ping or do anything over
the link.  Eventually pppd drops carrier because I have lcp-echo-failure
set.  I get the same results with lynx and netscape 4.04.  What could
be causing this?  Could it be something in my ppp/options file, what
would I look for?

Any hints would be appreciated....Thanks.

Brian