Re: odd dpkg-ftp behavior

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Britton wrote:

> I sent this out with the wrong subject last time, sorry.
>
> On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Britton wrote:
>

> > I am having some trouble getting dpkg-ftp to work installing hamm.  I have
> > included some stuff from a dpkg-ftp session (run from dselect) below, in
> > case anyone can see the problem:

	I ran into this problem after upgrading as well.  I'm guessing
that you've set your 'debian' directory to be /debian/hamm.  This will get
the package files but not download them :> set up dselect's access like
this.
###############################
Enter ftp site [ftp.fuller.edu]:

Use passive mode [y]:

Enter username [ftp]:

If you are using anonymous ftp to retrieve files, enter your email
address for use as a password.  Otherwise enter "?" and dpkg-ftp will
prompt you each time.

Enter password [root@shitbox.bcinternet.com]:

Enter debian directory [/debian]:

Note: order here is important.  Package files are scanned in order so
later distributions will override earlier ones.

So put stable before unstable.

Enter space seperated list of distributions to get
[hamm/hamm hamm/non-free hamm/contrib]: