Re: procmail and folders

On 3 Feb 1998, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> Catalin Popescu <cpopescu@ottonel.pub.ro> writes:
>
> > Thank you to everybody answering my question on procmail and smail. I've
> > put the files .forward and .procmailrc, modified the USERNAME to my
> > usernaname (ie cpopescu), but it still does not work. Do I have to create
> > the files where procmail is supposed to save the incoming messages? Is
> > there something wrong with permissions?
>
> Could you say *what* didn't work?
>
> Do you still get your mail just in one file or does it disappear or
> something else?

Thank you for helping me. It's true that I did not mention all details.
Here they are: my problem is that the _all_my_mail_ disappears and I'm not
able to found it.

> You could also post your .forward and .procmailrc again, so we know what
> you actually use now. And the output of ls -l $HOME/mail (or the directory
> you store the sorted mail in) will be usefull.

My $HOME/mail directory has the following permissions

drwx------   3 cpopescu cpopescu     2048 Feb  3 18:56 mail

and all the files in it have the permissions

-rw-------   1 cpopescu cpopescu     5390 Jan 30 22:20 stiplica

I also attach my currently .forward and .procmailrc files.

Thank you for your help.

Catalin
"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #cpopescu"

######### procmailrc file

### Some of this taken from
### the help G. Branden Robinson <branden@purdue.edu>
### posted on the debian-user list.

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin
MAILDIR=/home/cpopescu/mail         # you'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/cpopescu    # completely optional
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/logfile         # recommended

# I use the FROM header because if it comes from the listserver I want it
#   in debian,  and if it's cc'd to me,  I want the cc'd copy in INBOX
### This sends all mail from the debian lists to debian

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*debian-user
debian

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*debian-user-de
debian

:0:
* ^From.*debian-user-de
debian

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*debian-devel
debian

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*debian-policy
debian

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*debian-private
debian-private

### Anything NOT from these will end up in my inbox
#### (/var/spool/mail/cpopescu)