Re: Last login by UNKNOWN

> Alexander Kushnirenko <kushnir@fsgi02.fnal.gov> writes:
> > Last login: Mon Feb  2 09:32:36 CST 1998 by UNKNOWN@pccmu1.fnal.gov
> >
> > What is the reason it doesnot recognise my user name?
> > Is it a problem on my Debian node or remote node I telnet to?
> Do you have a identd running on the debian box? Usually it is run by inetd
> or xinetd.
Hm-m-m-m, Apparantly not.  Among related processes I only see:
  110  ?  S      0:00 /usr/sbin/inetd

The line in my /etc/inetd.conf describing identd is the following:
$ grep -i ident /etc/inetd.conf
ident           stream  tcp     nowait  nobody  /usr/sbin/identd        identd

Is something wrong in this startup line?

Thank you,

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .