Re: SoundBlaster AWE64

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Markus Lechner wrote:

> Thanks for your help, Marcus.
>
> Of course i red all the related docu before and i set the permissions according
> to my needs. The problem was solved with sfxload -I <sndfont>. I didn't know that
> i have to do this every time (because of unloaded modules?) before i start
> TkAweMidi (which is actually drvmidi's X-Interface, right?). After using sfxload
> the error vanquished...

If someone out there is too the point where they can hit a key on a midi
keyboard and get a sound out, I would love a brief description of how you
did it.  Rosegarden seems to promise that sort of behavior, and the web
page even talks about the AWE 64 briefly, but I havn't been able to make
it work.

> I was in err to not use sfxload, because i thought that there is already some
> default-soundfont loaded.

This sounds like a good idea to me, except that perhaps it would increase
the size of the driver.  It is probably bad practice to have a piece of
kernel code automatically looking into the filesystem to load a sound font
as well.  If there was a way of circumventing these diffulties I think a
default fount would be a good idea.

> Thanks,
>
>     Mac
>

> --