Re: debians /etc/rc.local?????

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Art Lemasters wrote:

> Kent wrote:
> >
> > where is it at?
>
> This is probably what you were after.
> -----------------------------------
> 11.4 It looks as if Debian does not use rc.local to customize the boot
> process; what facilities are provided?
> http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/debian-faq-11.html#ss11.4
> -------------------------------------
>
>      I am trying to install a Cyrix 6x86 patch.  Although
> the info above is helpful, the multiple "rc?.d" files have
> me a little confused.

If this is something you need to run only once at boot time, it is very
simple.

If you have a directory /etc/rcS.d/ (i.e., a fairly new sysvinit), place a
script in /etc/init.d/ and put a symlink to it in /etc/rcS.d/ like the
others that are there. Set the number to something appropriate. Read
/etc/rcS.d/README for information on this.

If you don't have this directory, place a script in /etc/rc.boot/ . The
scripts there are executed in alphabetical order at boot time.

Remco