Re: Network config -- slip + null modem

I needed the same thing recently and someone on this list
kindly posted this solution.  Put this on both machines in
/etc/ppp/options.ttyS0 and then type pppd ttyS0 on both
sides.  I'm assuming that you are using the first serial
port (ttyS0) on both computers here.  'bobspc' will then
have two ppp connections running, one to you ISP and one to
'zeos'.
----------------------[ start ]---------------------
/dev/ttyS0
passive
persist
bsdcomp 15,15
crtscts
115200
asyncmap 0
local
lock
#
# The first ip below is the local ip, the second the remote.
# Thus they should be in opposite order on the two machines.
bobspc:zeos
#
# Uncomment this line only on your client machine 'zeos'
#defaultroute
--Bob