Re: Installation Question (IBM TP 560)

Tommi Kaariainen wrote:
> The sequence of events in my machine is like this:
>
> 1. The Master Boot Record (modified by OS/2 Boot Manager) of the hard disk
>    is read and executed.
> 2. The MBR starts Boot Manager
> 3. The user tells the Boot Manager to boot from the Linux partition.
> 4. The Boot Manager starts LILO boot loader on the boot block of
>    the Linux partition.
> 5. LILO starts Linux

Tommi,
        Now that *does* make sense. However it appears that one should
not allow RedHat or debian to install LILO as part of their automated
process -- better to run some program to install LILO specifically in
the boot block of the Linux partition, correct?

Dave
--
--David E. Scott      Ohio Administrative Services
DaveScott@1000islands.com       acq_scott@ohio.gov