Re: New Smail, how to use offline? *BIG WARNING*

On 23 Jan 1998, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> Time to revert to smail from bo and do further tests on a spare machine.

This happened to me, too. I lost mail from mailing lists, so for me it
wasn't that bad. Anyway, I (almost) removed smail from the equation. I
have:

 . smail: queues mail and delivers it when the connection is up. Call it
     MTA from home to ISP.
 . fetchmail: this acts as MTA from ISP to home and...
 . procmail: this is my MDA. This puts mail where it belongs; no smail
     here

Additionaly, I use pine. It's configured to PIPE mail using sendmail (that
is, smail) instead of contacting localhost on port 25. In this way, it
doesn't check FROM and TO addresses.

			Marcelo