Re: shell program menu

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, A. M. Varon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [ Sorry if this is not debian specific.....]
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to implement a shell program (preferebly in C programming.)
> where our users if they telnet to us, they would be given a menu instead
> of a shell. They just press "1" they get pine. They press "2" they get the
> vi editor, and so on and so forth.

look at pdmenu. It allow you use the same menus found in X (debian
menu system). You can customize it to offer only what you want.

pdmenu works with the arrow keys and ESC. It's quiet good and ready for
vt100 terminals.

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21