Crazy Soundcard

Hello

First of all sorry for the long post!

Second, the system is 1.3!

Now the problem :

Here where I work, there are several machines running Debian (from web
servers to personal workstations like my own, all pc's, actually there are 2
alphas but those don't matter here), there are also several soundcards laying
arrounf without any use. Recently we've tryed to put them functioning but to
no avail. I will describe (copy from de sc manual) the internals of it:

<quote>
The MED3240/41 PnP Audio Controller is a stereo sound card based on the OPTi
82C924 integrated digital sound controller chip. The MED... is compatible
with (...)Sound Blaster Pro, Ad Lib, MPU-401 and Windows Sound Systems (Who
cares) (...)

Yamaha OPL3 FM Synthesizer technology
</quote>

It also has one of those dedicated CD-ROM interfaces.

After reading this we thought that if we included all the modules that it
said it was compatible widh. The result was that when booting it stops a bit
with a message like "initializing sounf system"(or something like that) but
then nothing...

The question. Has anyone ever installed one of these beasts ? What can we try
to solve this ?

Thanks
---
        Mario Filipe