mixing kernel/modules versions, CONFIG_MODVERSIONS and ...

I would like to know what I have to do if I want to use mixed
kernel/modules versions compiled in my machine or in another one...

the kernel documention and HOWTOs doesn't tell about that... well, not
exactly they tell that if you enable CONFIG_MODVERSIONS you can _always_
misc different kernel/modules...

I never could do it, also trying it with insmod -f!

I always get messages like:

unresolbed symbols...
this module for kernel x dosn't match your kernel y
--> this module for kernel x doesn't match your kernel x!!!!

Is there more info somewhere?

Also I would like to get more info about kernel symbols and
System.map/psdatabase ... etc..

Any comment will be greatly appreciated

	Thanks in advance

				Ulisses