Re: Linux and ADSL

Do a bit a research before you take the plunge. I almost went with
MT&T (in nova scotia) and their ADSL service. However, I found out
that they are using some nasty proprietary Novell gunk. I went with a
cable modem instead.

The install was very sweet. Before the tech came I installed and
tested an ethernet card. I installed Dhcpcd (?? what ever the client
prog is). When the tech came I plugged in the modem to my card and I
started /etc/init.d/dhcpcd. 3 seconds later I was surfing the net :-)
The tech's comment: "Wow, that was easier then a Mac install with
built in ethernet." :-)

I edited the /etc/init.d/dhcpcd script. I added the option "-- eth0"
as I have multiple cards. (The -- tells start-stop-daemon that the
rest of the line is cmd args to the daemon.)

--
Stephen Gregory