wu-ftp, chroot doesn't work anymore

Is chroot broken or something?  ... I just noticed that all my users can
access the whole file system over ftp.  I had it setup before so that
anyone in the 'ftponly' group was considered a guest by wu-ftp and the /./
in the home directory string denoted the root directory.  Now it doesn't
work!  Has something been upgraded which is causing this problem?  How can
I fix this?  I can send my configuration if you need it.

---
Paul Miller <paul@3dillusion.com>, finger for public PGP key