RE: ImgStar 1.1 not compatible with new XV/ImageMagick

Although I would like to make significant updates to imgstar, I no
longer have direct access to a unix system, preventing me from doing any
more development. You can make any changes to the loading or storing of
image files by modifying source file "i_file.c".

However, I should point out that xv does not define the pbm file format.
If the writer of xv now saves pbm files in an incompatible and different
way, then xv can't be writing pbm files correctly. Are you sure it is
not something to do with your build of xv? I seem to recall using xv3
without problem before. Send me the first 200 bytes of pointset.pgm and
I will give you a definitive answer.

Simon