can't install buzz!

I don't suppose anyone here is feeling nostalgic and can think of
any reason why the buzz (1.1) boot disk would hang on me? Kernel 2.0.0.
I get "eata_dma: no BIOS32, still needed" etc, then it hangs. This
is sometimes caused by NE2000 cards being probed, but I pulled mine
out completely and it still happens. I've left it for about 20 minutes
now and it hasn't changed.

I remember that APM was a problem but it's disable as it can be in
the BIOS. I don't understand why this kernel is compiled with APM
support in if APM doesn't work properly, but still. It seems
to get passed that anyway.

Any ideas? I want to install buzz to test the auto-upgrade.
Might have to use rex disks. All the hardware I have is an IDE
hard drive, a floppy drive, an ISA IDE controller, a Trident 8900CL
video card, and a 486DX2-66 overdrive chip, and 16mb RAM.
It doesn't seem to be crashing because of some hardware fault,
just a bad kernel probe.

Hamish