Re: cdrom problem

> After running debian, if I reboot into DOS or win95, my cdrom is not
> detected by the driver.  I have to power off and back on before by cdrom is
> accessible again.  It is an IDE/ATAPI 24X cdrom.  I'm not sure of the brand
> offhand.  Just curious if anyone has encountered similar problems, or might
> have any suggestions.

I have encountered the same behaviour with a TEAC CD-56E 6X IDE/ATAPI
drive.  In my case, I've found that I don't actually have to power down
in order for the drive to be recognized by Windows (NT4 in my case), but
rebooting via the reset switch is sufficient.  So when I need to switch
my OS, I've been halting the system ("shutdown -h now"), then pressing
reset after I saw a confirmation message for the halt.