Re: cdrom problem

haphazard@socketis.net (Greg Norris) writes:

[...]

> So when I need to switch
> my OS, I've been halting the system ("shutdown -h now"), then pressing
> reset after I saw a confirmation message for the halt.

More because I only use Linux, I've changed my init setup so that this
is what Ctrl-Alt-Del does.  Edit /etc/inittab and change the line htat
says "ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -r now" so that it has -h
instead of -r, then type "init q" to reload it into init.  Now I don't
have to worry about switching off quickly just after my PC reboots,
but only once I get "System halted".