Re: emacs, X, and Alt key

"Thomas E. Vaughan" <tvaughan@diac.com> writes:

> My problem is that *neither* `Alt' key is being interpreted as `Meta'
> by emacs.  AfterStep's `Alt-Tab' combination works well enough to switch
> between windows.

I have commented out two lines in my XF86config like that:

  # To set the LeftAlt to Meta, RightAlt key to ModeShift,
  # RightCtl key to Compose, and ScrollLock key to ModeLock:

      LeftAlt     Meta
      RightAlt    ModeShift
  #    RightCtl    Compose
  #    ScrollLock  ModeLock

Works for me.

Greetings,   jtr

--
Joachim Trinkwitz                            email: jtr@uni-bonn.de
CIP-Pool Anglistik, Germanistik,             phone: 0228-737565