Re: divide the list in beginners and advanced

We go through this about once a month now.

If you divide the list, only beginners will read the beginners list and it
will be useless ... much like the Red Hat list. If you want help
from a more advanced user, they are going to have to subscribe to both
lists and if you want to learn more advanced things YOU are going to have
to subscribe to both lists so there is no benefit from splitting them.

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Irmund Thum wrote:

> Shouln't it be possible to divide the list in beginners and advanced?
>
> It's a mess to get 70 to 120 mesages every day, more than 90 percent out
> of interest. Here in Europe we have to pay for our Internet-connections,
> means beside the phone bill there is an online charging as well.
> Regards
> __
> IT
> http://home.kiss.de/~i_thum/