Re: loging into NT

Not at this time, at least not in the same way logging on to a domain works.
In order to do this samba needs to be able to function as a "Domain
Controller".  The current version does not have this capability, though the
samba team is working on this. When it is available though, you'll have to
maintain two separate password databases since samba can't use the crypt'd
files which Linux does. (ie. If a user wants to change their password,
they'll first have to run passwd and the smbpasswd; likewise when an account
is initially set up.)

If you just want people running NT SP3 to be able to access samba shares,
you'll need to get the sambades package available on non-us.debian.org. Then
you'll need to set up their passwords using the 'smbpasswd' program. If you
give the user the same user/password they "log in" to NT with then they
should be able to reach samba shares just fine. The reason service pak 3
broke this was because it prevented the OS from sending passwords in the
clear over the network.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com