Re: ? on Authorization and digest

Noe' Franco writes:

> WE'RE USING DEBIAN GNU LINUX 1.3
> ON AUTHORIZATION : WHEN DOING THE .htaccess FILE CAN DIGEST BE USED? IS IT
> SUPPORTED YET?
>
> I KNOWN THIS IS A ROOKIE QUESTION, WHAT IS A REALM? IT'S TALKED ABOUT BUT
> NEVER EXPLAINED.
>
> AND FINALLY IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS OR PLACES TOGO ON USER/PASSWORD
> AUTHORIZATION IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
>
> FARSIGHT WEB ADMIN
> NF.

(to quote Johnny 5 of Short Circuit fame) NEED MORE INPUT! Really, which web
package are you using? Have you bothered to read the _all_ the documentation?
I've found many times that reading all documentation for a package will shed
much light on "rookie" questions. As suggested by another person, you may want
to consider obtaining a book on the appropiate web server. Oh yes, BTW please
use lower case in your messages. Uppercase writing is for emphasis and too
much emphasis in a message irritates net deizens who like me have been on
Internet for a long time. (I remember when there was no such thing as the
"World Wide Web" and used Email as the primary means of communication.)

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.3 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK - member of ARRL