Re: multiple fs types for user floppy access?

hawk@eyry.econ.iastate.edu writes:

> I currently have my floppy set up so that users can mount ms floppies with the
> line
>
> /dev/fd0        /floppy         msdos           user,rw 0       0
>
> in /etc/fstab
>
> I tried changing "msdos" to "auto", but no dice.  Is there a change so that it
> can automount both msdos and ext2 disks?

Well, type auto _should_ do it, but I've also discovered that it
doesn't work.  One easy way to use multiple types of disks then is to
put multiple lines for /dev/fd0 in your /etc/fstab:
 /dev/fd0        /floppy/msdos         msdos           user,rw 0       0
 /dev/fd0        /floppy/ext2         ext2           user,rw 0       0
 /dev/fd0        /floppy/vfat         vfat           user,rw 0       0

And then create the directories "msdos", "ext2", and "vfat" underneath
/floppy.  (You might leave the old line in there too, so that users
expecting "mount /floppy" to work wouldn't get confused - there's
nothing harmful about mounting to a non-empty directory)