mounting win95 partition was Re: multiple fs types for user floppy access?

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Daniel Martin at cush wrote:

>  /dev/fd0        /floppy/msdos         msdos           user,rw 0       0
>  /dev/fd0        /floppy/ext2         ext2           user,rw 0       0
>  /dev/fd0        /floppy/vfat         vfat           user,rw 0       0

Speaking of which,  I have a line which goes something like

 /dev/hda1 	/win95		vfat 		[can't remember the rest]

on startup, it always complains about vfat being an unsupported fs. Yet
mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /win95 works okay. Do I have to compile vfat
support directly into the kernel rather than as a loadable module or
something?

Andrew