Re: 'math error' on irq 13?

Hi

> While trying (and failing) to get my no-name (well KTI networks)
> PnP PCI Ethernet card to work, I noticed this:
>
> $ cat interrupts
>  0:   87414006   timer
>  1:     799266   keyboard
>  2:          0   cascade
>  3:    6901359 + serial
>  4:     462426 + serial
>  5:      16194   sound blaster
>  8:          0 + rtc
> 13:          1   math error
> 14:     340701 + ide0

This lonly math error occurs during bootup, before the message
Checking 386/387 coupling... Ok, fpu using exception 16 error reporting.
apears on the screen. As you could read in an other posting it has to do
with bad cpu design. (That's what I read in the news -- somewhere
sometimes.)

cu
-- Philipp Frauenfelder     [PGP]   home: pfrauenf@niederglatt.lugs.ch --
-- Tel./Fax: +41 1 850 54 64        school: pfrauenf@math.ethz.ch      --