Re: DEBIAN does not find my harddisk!!

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Nils Sandmann wrote:

> unable to initialise controller at 0x308, error 1' and 'PS/2 ESDI:
> Attention error. interrupt status: EF'). After that it  is searching for
> the harddisk and it is doing something with it (you can hear it) and it
> then it displays the number of sectors and so on.. After that the kernel

The PS/2 uses a different bus: MicroChannel. I have the same hardware as
you do here, waiting for me to find some time to install Debian on it.
I've read a couple of things, and MCA support is present in the 2.1.x
kernels (x arround 30 or 40, I think). I know I have to compile a new
kernel to install this, but I haven't found the time yet. Maybe in a
couple of days. If nobody else has done this, I might try to build
installation floppies for MCA, but I'm not sure about when.

You may want to check: http://glycerine.cetmm.uni.edu/mca

If I get something going here, I'll let you know.

Marcelo