Re: WordProcessor + SoundCard + ZIP & PRINTING
- To: DEBIAN LIST ENGLISH <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: WordProcessor + SoundCard + ZIP & PRINTING
- From: Adrian Bridgett <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 14:14:06 +0000
- Message-id: <19980104141406.05889@wyvern>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <34A89959.B3BA68B8@maptel.es>; from Àlex Maneu on Tue, Dec 30, 1997 at 07:48:57AM +0100
- References: <34A89959.B3BA68B8@maptel.es>
On Tue, Dec 30, 1997 at 07:48:57AM +0100, Àlex Maneu wrote:
> And.... another question! I use a "Iomega Zip 100MB
> parallel port" drive. I can use it with fstab, but
> I cannot print having this drive connected to the parallel
> port. I've heard that there's a patch or something
> that you can use the printer and the Zip. I know I
> can't use them at the same time, but it doesn't matter,
> I wanna use the printer... snip...
There are two solutions (I havn't tried them - just read about them):
a) upgrade to the latest kernels (2.1.??) and use parport which can share
the parallel port. In fact you may be able to patch the 2.0 kernels - have a
look on the Linux Zip drive site.
b) compile the printer driver as a module (lp.o) and compile the zip driver
as a module. If you want to print, do "modprobe lp.o". Then if you want to
use the zip drive, do "rmmod lp.o" "modprobe scsi.o"?
email: email@example.com | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers | operating systems are from MS
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .