Re: modem problems

In article <34AE7DDA.C7705241@is2.dal.ca>,
Dennis Drapeau <ddrapeau@is2.dal.ca> wrote:
>/dev/ttyS0  at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
>/dev/ttyS3  at 0x02e8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
>Seems ok to me, but I cannot dial out from port /dev/ttyS3.    The group
>on /dev/ttyS3 is dialout.

What do you mean with "cannot dialout" ?

>When I checked /proc/interrupts ,  there is no assignment for IRQ 3 .  I
>have no idea what to do next .

That's right, the IRQ is only allocated when the port is in use. Multiple
ports can use the same IRQ, only not at the same time (with ISA that is).

 Miquel van Smoorenburg |  The dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac lay in his bed
    miquels@cistron.nl  |  awake all night wondering if there is a doG

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .