Re: Installing WinNT on new hard drive

This may not be exact information you are looking for, but just my two
cents: WinNT will *not* destroy and/or damage any other partition. I
know there has been cases with different results, but I have at one
point had WinNT3.51 *sharing* (as in 'WinNT was a subdirectory' of the
OS/2 Warp) a *HPFS* partition D: on a first SCSI drive and the only
thing I needed to do to boot DOS6.*/OS2/WinNT3.51/Linux was to
*re-enable* the OS/2's Boot manager from within WinNT Disk Administrator
as an active or bootable (I can't remember exact word right now)
partition. Mind you, what WinNT4.0 *will* do is install it's boot files
(hidden files) into the C: drive *regardless* of what you tell it to do.
That's just the way it is....It *needs* C: partition for a few files.
But, in my experience it doesn't damage it in any way.
BTW, don't use disk administrator from WinNT to 'mark' any disks that it
will not otherwise touch or use. I don't know what would it do, but I
was never brave enough to actually try it.
Now, I've posted a question last night to this group about putting LILO
to the first SCSI drive *entirely* devoted to WinNT (540Mb) with NTFS.
Linux (Debian2.**) is already on the second SCSI drive (1.08Gb) and it
works if I boot off the boot floppy (base system installed flawlessly).
Will LILO boot /dev/sda or /dev/sda1 as a WinNT partition?
(I can provide more detail if anyone is interested in helping..)

As always, no guaranties above will work for you, but it did for me..
HTH
Damir