tty confusion

Ever since I upgraded to hamm, my ttys have been getting confused.
Once vi or less or man introduces reverse text or underline, all text
in my xterms is that way - it is as if the command to revert the text
to plain is never sent!  Also, I have been having trouble with my
shell losing its stty abilities (I use tcsh) - if I hit ^U the line is
not cleared, but the shell acts correctly (whatever I type after doing
so is treated as the entire command), for instance.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?  Is there a fix?

--Bill.

--
William R Ward          Bay View Consulting   http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
hermit@bayview.com     1803 Mission St. #339        voicemail +1 408/479-4072