Re: Pros and Cons of various Mail packages.

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Jim Foltz wrote:

> I use smail becasue it's what Debian wanted. The only issue I have is
> that I want email sent from my pc to have my ISP email address as a
> retuern address. This is done by configuring the email client
> easily. I used smailconfig to configure smail, and I use elm as a
> email client. I added a line:
>
> >From "My Name" <myname@my.ISP.email>

Hi Jim!

I've solved the eMail address problem an other way: I have added a new
entry to the file /etc/smail/transports and a the new file
/etc/smail/maps/from . The smail will to the complete "remapping" of your
eMail addresses. But AFAIK it works onle with eMail!

Bye

Daniel Gross