Re: Pros and Cons of various Mail packages.

dg@bingo.baynet.de writes:

> On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Jim Foltz wrote:
>
> > I use smail becasue it's what Debian wanted. The only issue I have is
> > that I want email sent from my pc to have my ISP email address as a
> > retuern address. This is done by configuring the email client
> > easily. I used smailconfig to configure smail, and I use elm as a
> > email client. I added a line:
> >
> > >From "My Name" <myname@my.ISP.email>
>
> Hi Jim!
>
> I've solved the eMail address problem an other way: I have added a new
> entry to the file /etc/smail/transports and a the new file
> /etc/smail/maps/from . The smail will to the complete "remapping" of your
> eMail addresses. But AFAIK it works onle with eMail!

Please tell me (and probably others too) some details on what you
exactly did.  I'm the only user on my system and my mailclient (Gnus)
puts the correct from line into my messages but I would prefer the
cleaner solution with the MTA doing the translation.

        Torsten

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
                                            Fortune Cookie