Re: laser printers and linux
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: laser printers and linux
- From: "G. Crimp" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 13:22:51 -0800
- Message-id: <19980101132251.38189@humble>
- In-reply-to: <m0xnyYK-0001ZYC@localhost>; from David Stern on Thu, Jan 01, 1998 at 08:17:44PM -0800
- References: <19980101082922.25634@humble> <m0xnyYK-0001ZYC@localhost>
On Thu, Jan 01, 1998 at 08:17:44PM -0800, David Stern wrote:
> Adobe markets PrintGear to the low end: primarily toward windoze and
> mac, with some mention of os/2, no unix. One might conjecture that
> PrintGear competes against Adobe's own PostScript at the low end, that
> PostScript is marketed more at the high end of the market, and that
> traditionally unix users are at the high end, so there's probably not
> much demand for a unix driver for PrintGear in Adobe's marketing
> department. This doesn't mean a PrintGear driver cannot be written for
> Linux, but PrintGear is relatively new, so I wouldn't expect to see one
> anytime soon.
Yep. Crystal clear. Time to face the music and take the thing back.
Too bad. Less than 400$, small, 8 ppm, and (apparently) very good
text and graphics output. Sigh...
Thanks alot for all the detail.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .