no CDROM

Dear all,

I have just finished installing Debian fron the CD that came with Linux
World issue 1 it works fine but doesn't find my Aztech IDE CDROM drive.

During boot the following lines appear...

hdb: CDA286031 SE, ATAPI CDROM drive
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7, 0x3f6 on IRQ14

The boot up then goes through various CDROM types withput finding one present.

My system is Pentium 120 using DPT scsi with Debian on it's own drive
(/dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2). I have disabled all mention of IDE hard drives in
the BIOS.

I am able to 'mount' a file system of type 'proc' on /dev/hda but I'm not
sure of what this means - yet. (this is my first real try at Unix etc).

I need access to the CD to install the packages.

Any help gratefully received,

Regards,

Chris