Re: Scanner Help/Info????

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, System Account wrote:
> 	I posted a few weeks ago for info on scanners.  I haven't recieved
> any replies on this matter so i'll ask again.  Is there any support for
> the use of scanners with Debian?  If so where is it?  The only thing i
> have seen is the hpscanpbm package but this is for the "Hewlett-Packard
> ScanJet series scanners" only.

I only know of one TWAIN scanner that is supported under Linux. The
logitech scanman 256. I got it to work with kernel versions 1.0.x.
When I upgraded to version 2.0.x it stopped working. It did not even
compile under the newer kernels.

You can find the driver for the logitech scanner at:

- Rogier.
Rogier Posthuma | MAIL:rogier@xs4all.nl | WWW: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rogier
Vote YES for OpenDoc, CORBA and JAVA and vote NO for (D)COM/OLE and ActiveX
   main(a){a="main(a){a=%c%s%c;printf(a,34,a,34);}";printf(a,34,a,34);}