load now pegs at 1

Hi folks, little anomyly that I'd like to share.  I had a few probs with
dpkg, and bash, which are now take care of thanks to the list. :-)  Only
things is now I notice a load which doesn't drop below 1, even when I am
not doing anything.  This is a single user machine p100 with 32megs of
ram, and 16M of swap(I know should be 64...)

Should I be looking for any other problems that I might not be aware of?

Rich M
qnc496@durhamnews.net