Re: Limiting bandwidth on ftp server

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.91.970219134722.26407A-100000@bend-or.com>,
Mike Schmitz  <mschmitz@bend-or.com> wrote:

>My ISP is considering allowing me to setup a debian mirror, but he is
>concerned that it may use excessive bandwidth, because of the possibility
>of someone with a fast data connection might use it. We thought about
>using a machine with a slip connection, but were hoping to do it with a
>virtual domain and a hard drive rather than dedicating a whole machine.
>
>Any ideas?

I've got a bandwidth-limit patch for wu-ftpd-2.4.2beta9 on
ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/alpha/

Note that this site may not be too fast; it restricts the *total*
bandwidth of all anonymous ftp sessions together to 3 kb/sec at the moment :)

Mike.
--
| Miquel van Smoorenburg        | "I know one million ways, to always pick |
| miquels@{drinkel.,}cistron.nl |  the wrong fantasy" - the Black Crowes.  |