Choosing network and graphic card for Linux.

Hello!
I'm changing my ISP , and the new one works with direct connection
through a ethernet 10 base t card (and doesn't charge more for static IP).
I don't know which one to choose. Can you help? I have never installed
ethernet before so some referencing to how it works and general info
would be great.

BTW: My other option was to connect through an ISDN modem. Since I didn't
buy any ethernet card yet I can choose this option too, should I (and
please explain why). If it's better please recommend an ISDN modem.

BTW2: I don't have PCI, only ISA...

I want to replace my existing graphics card (Trident 8900CL) with a new
one that can "do" more then 256 colors. Can you recommend any (non PCI...)
card that it is still being sold? A short phone call to my hardware store
didn't help, since they don't sell this kind of cards any more.

TIA,

Liran Zvibel.