Re: smail, mutt and outgoing From: field

On Tue, Dec 30, 1997 at 11:34:20AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Is your realname mentioned in /etc/passwd?

No, and I think it was on the Debian/Linux 1.1 system.  Is this
significant enough to cause the From: field to be changed.

> Anyways you can set any From line by putting such a line in your
> ~/.muttrc:
>
> my_hdr From: user@host.org (Your Real Name)

that's what I have in my ~/.muttrc except I use different punctuation,
which is why I asked the question in the first place, because with
Debian 1.1 (kernel 2.0.0) and mutt 0.85 that worked just fine.  Now with
Debian 1.3 (kernel 2.0.30) and mutt 0.88 the From: line gets
garbled.

Here is the punctuation I use which conforms to the format of address
fields as I see them reported on my system.

my_hdr From: <user@host.org> "My Real Name"  which is pretty much what
you suggest above.  I have tried this with both unmy_hdr From: and
unset use_from.

Thanks for the suggestion and any more.

Gerald Crimp