setserial problems

I need to set ttyS3 to irq 10 to use my modem.  I've been doing this as
setserial /dev/ttyS3 irq 10

but this requires me to be root.  Wouldn't be a problem to set it once on
boot with a root-owned script,  but after ttyS3 is used for a while (e.g.
by pppd or minicom) it reverts to irq 3,  requiring me to setserial again.

Is there any way to either set the irq permanently (hardcode it in
someplace) or allow a normal user to setserial?  I've gotten around it in
my pppd setup by writing a script which essentially does

setserial /dev/ttyS3 irq 10
pppd dial net

but I'm leary of writing too many root-permissioned scripts to be executed
in user space.  Of course,  if this isn't a security concern,  I could
write one for minicom and everything else that uses the modem,  but that
sounds kinda silly.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|The problem with computers:                                             |
|                      rivendell[501] [~]> love me                       |
|                      bash: love: command not found                     |
|                      rivendell[502] [~]> hug me                        |
|                      bash: hug: command not found                      |