Re: Image & Sound

" lex Maneu" wrote:

  >-I want to put a picture as the background of X-Windows, or simply
  >change the background color. Where is it specified? Which files must
  >I edit?

Look at `man xsetroot'.  xv also has the capability, opnce you have installed
it.

  >-XV: I've been looking for this program, but I don't have it.
  >I've been searching it in DSELECT, but I couldn't find it.
  >Where is XV?

non-free/graphics

  >-Sound Card: My soundcard is a Logitech SoundMan Wave 100% compatible
  >with Soundblaster. Which files must I edit to use it? (for example to
  >listen CDs, etc). Must I have installed some special package?

rebuild your kernel to incorporate sound support.

Unsolicited email advertisements are not welcome; any person sending
such will be invoiced for telephone time used in downloading together
with a £25 administration charge.