Re: clueless people on debian-user

Ben Pfaff wrote:
  >Aren't the problems with having the newsgroups that cluless people
  >send stupid messages and spam to the lists?  So if we just allow
  >people to *read* the lists on newsgroups, but require them to send
  >submissions to the e-mail address, then we've got the best of both
  >worlds.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I think you want the newsgroups
to be moderated? (Presumably the clueless can still post direct to the
mailing list.)  Someone would have to filter the clueless postings out
before sending the rest on to the mailing list.

Unsolicited email advertisements are not welcome; any person sending
such will be invoiced for telephone time used in downloading together
with a £25 administration charge.