Re: Image & Sound

For sound support you will have to recompile your kernel with Sound Blaster
support.  You will also need cdtools or xmcd to listen to audio CDs.
There is a sound HOWTO:
   http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/Sound-HOWTO.html

If you are new to linux, and compiling kernels, be forwarned...  everything
is not likely to work perfect the first time around, and also read the
READMEs and HOWTOs.  They will save you a lot of time and frustration.

Thanks,
Dennis
--
dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>, Systems/Network         |  work: 353.4844
Division of Engineering Computing Services     |  page: 222.5875