Re: Debian Linux and Cirrus

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Alex Yukhimets wrote:

> > > In short: YES.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for such a quick answer. I have another question...
> > I have got a CDD2600 CD Recorder and a Pioneer 12x SCSI CDROM on an Adaptec
> > 1505. Could I have any problem to use them on the Debian distribution ? I
> > promise that it is my last question :-)
>
> Is CD-recorder also SCSI? If yes, then there is only a question
> whether SCSI host adapter is supported. Adaptec is generally not the
> best choice for Linux, but this particular card seems to be supprted
> for already some time and I would not expect a problem with it.
>
> Refer to SCSI-HOWTO for more information.

The Philips CDD2600 works fine for me (on a symbios/ncr810.) It is
autodetected by cdwrite.  If you have problems writing cd's, investigate
into the controller, the wiring and termination. IIRC my CDD2600 is
jumpered to terminate the SCSI bus. You may want to change that if the
Pioneer already does that (or change the Pioneer.)

Cheers,

Joost