Problem with booting after moving from 128 to 64M

I had my system working fine for about 2 months but lately I have been
experiencing problems. I initially thought it had to do with "dirty"
filesystems. Now I have excluded that possibility.

Now I wanted to test memory (128M) by removing 64M at a time and changing
the lilo.conf mem statement. After I have done that the computer does not
boot anymore. It stops after line "VFS: mount root ...". If I replace all
128M it boots fine, but it does not work with any combinations of 64 Megs

Any clues?

Daniel J. Mashao --
   daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za             http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel