Re: XDM seem to hang until I reboot. (followup)

Hello all,

I wanted to post a followup:

The day I posted this information, I had already ran dselect and
removed the version of 'xbase' and all its dependencies (xserver,
xfnts, fvwm-common, etc) that I had installed via ftp.debian.org.

After that, I went back and installed the versions I had on my Debian
1.3.1 MasterCD.  Since then, I have remained logged in for the past 2
days without a lockup.  I keep trying to kill the server or lockup
XDM, by runing all the programs that I did before.  The only thing
that I have not done, is log-out and log-in several times.  I have
kept the same window manager, Afterstep.

Hopefully these old packages solved my porblem, but I hate to think
it might be a bug in the new Debian X packages.

...I will let you know if I find out differently!

--Jay Barbee